Want to know the 6 best RV washer-dryer combos on the market that can handle your camping laundry efficiently?
RVers are tired of fighting for a machine at the campground laundry or dragging home piles of dirty clothes and need to consider investing in a single, compact machine that can handle washing and drying right inside your camper.
Small washer-dryer combo machines can alleviate camping stress by avoiding dirty, damp, or smelly laundry inside the RV and wasting precious vacation hours at the laundromat.
So check out the best RV / motorhome/travel trailers with a washer/dryer option to find the perfect model that’ll make camping trips even more enjoyable!
RV Washer/Dryer Combo Facts
What makes an RV combination washing and drying machine different than standard residential units?
One difference is that many residential “combo” washers/dryers are stackable units with two separate tubs so you can wash a load of laundry while drying another.
Even if the RV-size combo machine has a single tub, another difference is the overall size, load capacity, and water and energy usage are more significant in a residential unit.
RV combo laundry machines feature:
- Compact size
- Lightweight yet durable, construction
- Single tub for both washing and drying
- Low energy and water consumption
- Portability (for some models)
- Vented or ventless models for ease of installation
SIZE / WEIGHT
RVs are tight on space in the best of times, so machines made for camper installation will have a slimmer profile so they can fit through the door and tuck into a closet.
You’re able to use these washer/dryer combos in small travel trailers because of how beneficial they are.
Weight is another top consideration when driving a motorhome or towing a travel trailer, so RV combo washers and dryers are lighter than units found in homes.
Washer and dryer combo units explicitly made for RVs will be extra durable to withstand all the bumps, vibration, and jarring of travel without breaking.
VENTED / VENTLESS
Do be aware that ventless combo units will dry laundry using a condenser function to draw away moisture.
When you open the dryer door, the clothes feel slightly moist, which is the residual condensation on the items. Shake out each piece and let the steam evaporate then, they are ready to be folded and put away.
Some washer-dryer combo models for RVs are portable. The unit is freestanding, and you can keep them in your camper’s storage compartment or closet or your SUV or truck until you need it.
The best part about a portable dryer and washer combo is that you can quickly hook it up inside or outside your RV, and some don’t even require electricity. The size and portability make this type of unit ideal for people with small campers or who want to save indoor space by using the machine outside.
The downside of RV wash and dry combo machines is that they have a smaller tub so that you won’t wash as many items per load (but some are very close!). You’ll need more time for large amounts of laundry as the machine needs to complete both the wash and dry cycles before you can start another load.
Be aware that portable combo units rarely dry clothes thoroughly. Most portable machines use the spin cycle to force out most water from the items, but they will come out slightly damp.
You’ll need to hang the laundry up around the RV or campsite to complete the drying process.
After grilling all my RVing friends who have combo washer-dryers inside their camper and researching customer ratings online, here are the six best standard and portable washer-dryers for RV combination models on the market today.
1. Splendide WDV2200XCD Combo Washer/Dryer
Capacity: 15 lbs. wash / 11 lbs. dry
Weight: 148 Pounds
Wash Cycles: 9 wash / 1 clean
- WASHER/DRYER 2000S VENTED
The Splendide WDV2200XCD is one of the washer-dryer combo units ideal for RV families on the market who need a reliable workhorse to keep up with load after load of dirty laundry during travel.
I spoke to a couple with two young boys who take long RV vacations in their travel trailer each summer that own this unit. They say it runs reliably, even though the capacity is small. They put in a load every day before they head out for sightseeing, and it saves them from packing too many clothes and wasting time finding laundromats during their trips.
- Industry-first winterization cycle
- Quiet operation
- Can select for individual wash/dry or for both
- Fool-proof knob selection with digital display
- Extra wide door opening
- Automatic dispensing of detergent and softener
- Dual-rotating drum with variable spin speed
- Requires venting
- Will need to bracket to the RV floor
- Works best with very small loads
The automatic water level and load balancing reduce water waste and shaking of the camper during operation. The lint filter is even self-cleaning for even more convenience.
The machine uses eight gallons of water for a normal wash cycle but will need pipes to vent the unit outdoors for the drying cycle. Because this model requires venting, you may have difficulty finding an appropriate location in your RV to set it up.
2. LG WM3997HWA RV Washer Dryer Combo
Capacity: 2.3 cu. ft.
Weight: 211 Pounds
Wash Cycles: 14
The LG WM3997HWA is another top-performing small washer-dryer combo that is extremely durable and offers a wide range of washing and drying settings for optimal efficiency. This model is great for people who RV full-time and want to avoid campground laundromats.
As long as you don’t overstuff the tub, the unit does an excellent job cleaning all types of fabrics and stains.
- Ventless for easy installation
- Operational with a smartphone app, Google Assistant or Alexa
- Plentiful settings
- Rugged construction
- Can handle even king-size sheets
- Vibrates heavily without pads
- Can take 2-3 hours for a full wash/dry cycle
- Clothes need a few moments to air before folding
- Dimensions are larger and heavier than other models
A good friend of ours has this model in their RV, and they love it. The only issue they had was the unit shaking the entire camper during the first use when the drum was spinning.
After some investigation, they found that the installer didn’t remove the four screws holding the tub in place for transport, so they pulled them out. They also added a thick rubber pad underneath to absorb the motion, and now it feels and sounds wonderful.
3. Equator 24-inch Compact New Version All-in-One Combo Washer-Dryer
Capacity: 1.6 cu. ft.
Weight: 161 Pounds
Wash Cycles: 14
- All-in-one unit combines a washer and dryer into a compact size to take up minimal floor space Convertible…
- Easy to use with color-coded LED display, redesigned control panel, and convertible venting; Vent or ventless drying…
- Customize your wash cycle with delay function and begin up to 24 hours later for maximum convenience; Smart sensors…
- Delay wash allows you to set the washer to begin up to 24 hours later for added convenience and flexibility. Winterize…
- Shipping rods must be removed before the installation of the unit, otherwise, the machine will start dancing; Use HE…
The Equator is another All-in-One pack for the best RV washer-dryer combos on the market. It has some incredible cleaning power in a unit only two feet wide, making it suitable for installation in a laundry-ready RV closet or nook. The machine can work both vented and ventless.
The RVers with this model we spoke to say it’s a very quiet-running machine that doesn’t interfere with indoor activities while it’s on. They also appreciate the winterization feature that makes it simple to prep the RV for cold-weather storage.
- Option for venting or ventless operation
- Smart Sensors improve efficiency
- Runs quietly
- Dual vent fans to improve dry time
- Stainless steel drum
- Easy installation
- 2-minute winterization cycle
- Will dry with 30% less efficiency in ventless mode
- Must ensure water-fill hose line stays elevated
Another beneficial feature customers mention is the delay-wash setting, so you can time your laundry to start when it’s convenient for your camping schedule.
Note that users who vent the unit find the clothes dry much better than those that do not, so if you have the ability in your camper to add venting pipes, we suggest doing so.
4. Summit Appliance SPWD2202W 24″ Washer/Dryer Combo
Capacity: 2.7 cu. ft.
Weight: 170 Pounds
Wash Cycles: 16
- Combo washer/dryer creates a full laundry station to a compact 24″ footprint
- Designed for 115V non-vented use
- 16 wash cycles to ensure each fabric gets the proper laundry conditions
- 5 temperature settings to accommodate a variety of washes
The Summit Appliance SPWD2202W is the RV laundry combo unit you want if having the ultimate amount of settings for all types of fabrics at your fingertips while camping.
The unit is ventless and compact for easy installation, while the manual knob lets your dial in the ideal setting.
- Large tub capacity
- 5 temperature settings
- Most wash settings of any model
- Compact width
- Ventless operation
- Easy control panel with LCD display
- Stainless steel drum
- Fairly heavy
- Noisy when running
- It can take up to 3 hours for a complete wash/dry cycle
We can’t express how users love the size of the tub in this unit. When we gave it a look, we found that the capacity feels like doing a small to average size load in a residential machine.
The load capacity makes this model an excellent choice for RV families or couples with plenty of dirty laundry to clean.
We do suggest using an anti-vibration pad underneath the unit to reduce noise.
5. Giantex Portable Mini Compact Twin Tub
Capacity: 11 Pounds (Washing) and 6.6 Pounds (Drying)
Weight: 29.3 Pounds
Wash Cycles: 3
- 【Easy to Operate】: This is our portable mini compact twin tub washing machine which is easy for you to operate….
- 【17.6LBS Large Capacity】: Washing tub: place clothing in the wash tub section, rated washing capacity: 11 lbs. Run…
- 【Semi-Automatic Design Relieves You from Hand Washing】: Using this washing machine, you can set washer timer to15…
- 【300W Wash Power &110W Spin Power】: Ideal for small loads. Delicate and light weight makes the washer easily…
- 【Compact Twin Tub Washing Design 】: Convenient for home use. The filter net on the side of the washing barrel can…
The Giantex Portable Mini Compact Twin Tub is a top-loading machine that allows you to keep up with dirty laundry even by using a generator or RV inverter when remote camping.
Customers love the twin tubs that allow you to wash one load while simultaneously spin-drying another, saving time. The capacity is minimal, but the machine is so easy to use you can toss in several loads on days you’re sticking near your campsite to avoid laundry pile-ups.
- Super lightweight
- Easy assembly and use
- Uses little water or energy
- The thin tube can crack or crush
- Very small load capacity
- Must split wash loads in half for drying
- Clothes from the dryer are still damp
We have experience with this portable RV combo machine and find it does an impressive job for its design and capacity. The powerful motor spins out most of the water, but you’ll still need to hang up items to finish drying completely, which some users may find troublesome.
The unit comes with all the accessories necessary for operation. Place it inside your RV near a sink and drain (shower is best) or outside on a flat surface.
6. INTERGREAT Portable Washer-Dryer Combo
Capacity: 17.6 pounds
Weight: 50 Pounds
Wash Cycles: 8
- 💦【Twin Tub Design】:300w washing power and 250w spinner power will help you use the item powerfully. Portable…
- 👗【Rich Clean Function】: Mini washer with separate timer control settings for washer and spinner operations,…
- 👖【Save Time & Energy】:This small laundry washing machine can wash and spin loads at the same time.You can move…
- 👘【Compact & PORTABLE】:The compact design makes this apartment size washer lightweight and easy to carry, suitable…
- 👔【Customer Service】: 1× Compact wash machine,1× inlet hose,1× drain hose,1× manual. If you have any question,…
The INTEGRATE Portable Washer-Dryer Combo is even more compact than the dual tub model above, making it even easier to transport and fit inside even small RVs.
Using this machine is very straightforward, and we find some surprising features not typically found on a portable RV wash/dry combo machine. The child lock and the sensor for load unbalance that will automatically adjust the clothes in the tub are nice touches.
- Lightweight, compact, and portable
- Delay-start function
- Powerful motor
- Stainless steel tub
- Low noise with Auto Unbalance Detection
- Child lock
- Clothes come out damper than other units
Although they market this model as a washer/dryer combo, the unit is, in reality, a very good quality washing unit with a spinner that leaves items fairly moist. If you don’t have an issue with hanging up clothes to dry while camping, this is the model for you.
The best part about this combo machine is that it has two caster wheels and handles to make moving it around a breeze. It also boasts inlets for hot and cold water if you wish to increase wash effectiveness.
The adjustable feet make leveling up the unit fast for smooth operation inside or outside the RV.
Join Our Community
RV Washer-Dryer Wrap Up
When you get tired of washing clothes by hand, waiting for available machines at laundromats, or having a pile of stinky laundry in your RV while camping, then you need to invest in one of these washers and dryers for RV trailer machines.
Whether you opt for a rugged, permanent installation model or go with the flexibility of a portable model, you’ll never regret this purchase that makes RV road trips less stressful!
Before buying one of these 6 RV washer-dryer combos on the market, remember that not all RV brands are a good fit to be a good washer-dryer combo RV.
"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt."
-- John Muir